Below is a new list I researched from a huge list that is posted at http://www.utpa.com. What’s nice about my post here is that I went through these sites to legitimize them and make sure they weren’t broken links, spam, or anything you wouldn’t want to see.
Many of these are directly related to particular degrees and careers. But like I say all the time, check them out and apply for as many as you are qualified for. Be sure to apply for just what you are qualified for.
If you have any questions, email me, or respond back. I’m here to help.
Before we move on to the list of scholarships that might still be available, I did want to provide you with a list of general financial-aid info. I posted a few of these before, but I came up with some new ones and wanted to provide you with a new list! I also linked to many posts regarding specific financial aid things that you should know, if you don’t by now.
Mom and dad, you have a Junior or sophomore now…
Well, check this info. out to be prepared. there isn’t much you can do now anyway, so don’t panic. You have plenty of time. However, I can almost guarantee that if you start now, the financial outcome will definitely show it. The earlier you start, the more chances of getting college paid for. Nice, right?
FINANCIAL AID INFORMATION/ADVICE:
1. Read my latest post on “The realities of college tuition and financial aid” which helps you with general terminology and the rise in tuition and comparison among schools.
These others next several specifically focus on financial aid, grants and loans…
2. SUBSIDIZED, UNSUBSIDIZED, STAFFORD, PERKINS…WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE?
3. YOUR FINANCIAL AID NEED TO KNOWS
4. More in formation of what you need to know and put together regarding any form of financing for school.
5. Deadlines, deadlines, deadlines. get used to it…as there will plenty more deadline requirements in life.
Now for the scholarship information necessary for you to take advantage of all that is out there. You owe it to yourselves! Apply, apply, apply! There are millions of dollars available and some of it is not awarded because nobody applies for them!
1. Yes, there are those crrraaaaazzzzzzyy scholarships out there!
2. I did some additional research on the listed scholarship websites I found to make sure they’re legit. They are, and there is some good possibilities for all of you, if you just give it a try.
3. Before applying for these scholarships, you need to make sure you have your ducks in a row, and have all the necessary information together before applying. One little mistake could cost you thousands of dollars.
4. I also put together some tips and recommendations on properly applying for the actual scholarships, and things to consider when applying.
5. One key element to keep in mind is that many scholarships fall into certain categories. Categories based on academics, athletics and so on. Check out this post to see where you might get the most benefit.
It takes some work. But the way I look at it, if you’re at the computer a lot, focus some of that time on financial aid research for college. Take 1 hour to do research and once focused on just that, you will find a number of opportunities. Just follow this list and you will have all you need!
FinAid The Smart Students Guide to Financial Aid www.finaid.org
Presidential Freedom www.nationalservice.org
Microsoft Scholarship Program www.microsoft.com
WireScholar Free Scholarship Search www.salliemae.com
Hope Scholarship & Lifetime Credits www.ed.gov
William Randolph Hearst Endowed www.apsanet.org
Guaranteed Scholarship www.guaranteed-scholarships.com
BOEING Scholarship www.boeing.com
Easley National Scholarship Program www.naas.org
Jacki Tuckfield Memorial Graduate Business www.jackituckfield.org
Historically Black College & University Scholarships www.iesabroad.org
International Students Scholarships & Aid Help www.iefa.org
International Students www.internationalstudents.com
Siemens Westinghouse competition www.siemens-foundation.org
GE and LuLac www.lulac.org
Union Sponsored Scholarships and Aid www.aflcio.org
Federal Scholarship & Aid Gateway www.fedmoney.org
Scholarship Gateways from Black Excel or Scholarship & Financial Aid Help
Aid & Resources for Re-Entry Students www.back2college.com
HBCU “Packard” Sit Abroad www.sit.edu
Certainly I cannot guarantee which or if any of these scholarships are still available. For those of you needing some scholarships now, I’d get crackin’ and use this list and see what is still available.
For those of you guys out there looking ahead< I congratulate you an dam proud of you.
Please keep in touch.
Follow my tweets and hook up with me on Facebook!
Your Success is My Success,
I’m a careers and college recruiter, coach, mentor and blogger at The Hope Chest. His passion is to educate, inspire, and give hope to young people who need it upon their search for the right career and college.