According to the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE), here are the 10 top paying degrees and their starting salaries (as of 2008):
1. Chemical Engineering ($59,218) (Green personality)
2. Electrical Engineering ($55,333) (Green)
3. Mechanical Engineering ($54,057) (Green)
4. Computer Science ($53,051) (Green, Gold)
5. Civil Engineering ($48,998) (Green)
6. Economics ($47,782) (Gold, Green)
7. Management Information Systems ($47,407) (Gold, Green)
8. Finance ($46,442) (Red, Gold)
9. Accounting ($46,292) (Green)
10. Business Administration/Management ($43,256) (Red, Gold, Green)
Money isn’t everything. You will make the money and be professionally successful as long as you find the career that fits you.
Notice how I added the colors at the end of each? That shows what type of personality you have and how it would best fit you.
The Hope Chest